Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anti--Climatic Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)

My Brother & I (My Donor & I) the day of holding the infamous Bone Marrow!!!

All of the work it takes to get to the transplant itself is so much that by the time I was ready for the transplant nothing major truly took place for the transplant itself. The Chemotherapy and radiation that I received was ten times more intense than the transplant itself.

After receiving radiation I felt really zapped and weak, and I began to have a headache which progressed to a migraine. I could not get anything for the headache/migraine because Ibuprofen is counteractive to the transplant drugs I receive and unlucky for me: Tylenol does absolutely nothing for my headaches. So all I could do was ice my head and try my best to relax.

After getting the last bought of chemotherapy and radiation I was given I.V. Imuno-suppressants and then the next day all that took place for the transplant was a small bag of bone-marrow which was white in color hung as an I.V. would and went into my body in less than twenty minutes.

The nurses below were the best of the best & were with me throught the bone-marrow process & continue to be with me through it.
The Best Nurses holding my bone Marrow!!!

3 comments:

  1. What an intense process! I'm a nursing student, I appreciate the impact your nurses had on your healing. I wish you the best of health, & strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, the nurses truly did help with the process. I wish you luck with becoming a nurse--Know that you do make an impact on your patients whether its good or bad. It just takes work when you don't feel like it but it goes a long way with the patient when you give genuinely.

    Thank You for your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda Morrell-WilsonJuly 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM

    I'm so thankful...grateful...to know you. I find you to be an amazing young woman. Just you sharing your life and the journey that you are undergoing...there are no words for it. Continue in your fight for you are not alone. 1 The 5:23-24 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. the one who calls you is faithful and he WILL DO IT. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete