Sunday, May 22, 2011

A New Look.


Before starting the bone marrow transplant I wanted to cut my hair in preparation for the chemotherapy & radiation I will receive knowing I would loose my hair anyway. From literature that I read it said that my scalp will become very sensitive and if I were to have longer hair it would be a more irritating than if I were to have short hair. To make the whole process easier on my head and on me emotionally I decided to cut off all of my hair or as much hair as I could prior to treatment. I mentioned emotionally because I can only imagine to effect seeing my longer hair falling out all around me.

The pictures below are a kind of video gallery of the whole barber experience. My brother decided to join me in getting a hair cut and a good friend Michelle was willing to be a friend and support by being by my side as I journal this process.


No comments:

Post a Comment