Thursday, November 18, 2010

C o c k t a i l ~ M e d i c a t i o n s

As you can imagine I take allot of medication to alleviate pain and maintain my health. To really understand how much drugs I take look at the pictures I've provided. These meds have there individual function while as a whole provide treatment for me and trying to control my disease.



It's allot taking down all these pills. Many times I feel as though I'm eating a meal when I take these pills. I take all but 5 of the pills in the above pic twice a day. This specific combo is my night time cocktail. Here is a list of the medications I take on a daily basis:




Hydroxyurea 1500mg (cancer medication used with sickle cell patients)--once a day,
Folic Acid 1mg--once a day,
Opana ER 300mg--2x a day equals 600mg a day for pain,
Opana IR 60-80mg--every 3hrs as needed for pain,
Lyrica 75mg--3x a day for nerve pain,
Ibuprofen 600-800mg--every 4-6hrs as needed for pain/inflammation,
Trazadone 100mg--once a day sleeping pill,
Hydromorphone 8mg tabs (8 pills)--every 4hrs as needed for pain,
Prochlorperazine 5mg--as needed for nausea,
Cyclobenzapr 10mg--3x a day for muscle pain,
Nicosan 350mg--once a day for sickle cell maintenance,
Morphine 400mg*--3x a day for pain

* I no longer take Morphine it has been replaced by Opana




1 comment:

  1. We are in the same boat dearie! what else can i say.My work in china is yielding very positive results and soon,i will inform the world about our progres at South East University Hospital China.Trust me, there is light at the end of the tunnel.This is why i was born.

    ReplyDelete